October 9, 2009
In the simplest definition, vintage costume jewelry is jewelry not made from precious metals or stones but resembles high end jewelry designs.

To me, vintage costume jewelry are just as beautiful as their more expensive siblings. I personally prefer to wear costume jewelry over the real stuff. Giant cocktail rings, bead cluster earrings, enamel painted brooches...YES PLEASE!

Popular 'Vintage Costume Jewelry' labels/designers:
Coro, Avon, Trifari, Monet, Napier, Miriam Haskell, Lisner, Le Bernard, Kenneth J. Lane, Kramer, and Schiaperelli.

I have carried these designers at Adore Vintage at one point or another along with many unsigned pieces and lesser known designers.




Sources: 1.] Vintage costume jewelry from Adore Vintage

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like vintage costume jewelry as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pieces in you shop are gorgeous! I wish my bank account weren't quite so empty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see. i love enamel-coated necklaces and brooches! very pretty accessories here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice Collections! Genuine vintage jewelry and new jewelry that is made to look Vintage is always in fashion. I want to recommend, when buying vintage jewelry, the best and most surefire way to ensure the piece is truly the metal quality you are expecting.

    Thanks,

    ---------------
    Journey Ring

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee