June 5, 2010
There is something about a woman who has very short hair that makes me look twice. I feel like they are braver than me, more confident, more comfortable with who they are. I've been toying with the idea of cropping my hair pixie length for over a month now, so here's hoping these vintage pixie haircuts (and modern cropped hairstyles) will inspire me to chop off all my locks!

{ Vintage Hairstyles }


My main source of hair inspiration, Audrey Hepburn.


Jean Seberg


Mia Farrow


Twiggy


Edie Sedgwick

{ Modern Pixie Cuts }


Christy Turlington as Jean Seberg


From the Sartorialist? Or Garance Dore? *shrug*


Michelle Williams


Mia Wasikowska


Shannyn Sossamon & Carey Mulligan


Michelle Williams & Natalie Portman

8 comments:

  1. I want a pixie cut so much, I wish I was brave enough!! Beautiful pictures!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful girls, I once cut my hair short very short "like a boy" is what I used to call it, but it didn't flatter my face because I have a round, fat cheeked face, when my hair finally grew people wondered if I had lost weight, but it was just the hair, I guess for some girls like the ones above it looks great, but for others not very recommendable. I love coming to your site, sometimes just to listen to the amazing music. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow just too gorgeous for words...

    ReplyDelete
  4. years ago i took that exact Shannyn Sossamon photo in and got the exact haircut. i never loved a haircut more than that one, nor every got as many compliments. it's a super fantastic.
    i still have the same photo i bought it in with me in case i ever want to get the cut again, liked it that much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw a picture of Michelle Williams the other day with her then pixie hair and thought how wonderful it looked on her. It's a beautiful cut overall but alas it does'nt suit everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been brave enough to have a pixie cut either, but you're right there is something very individual about the women who do! I have always adored Audrey's pixie cut, as well as Edie and Michelle Williams' cuts too! Go for it is all I can say, it will grow back anyway! Love your blog!!

    http://thepeddarchronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. old style but I like the way you dress.


    Laby[wedding suit]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee