February 5, 2012
Spent the morning strolling through the flea market and came home with new additions to my vintage library. I collect fairy tale books, so I was most pleased to have found a copy of Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales with an inscription dated 1918 that was purchased in Denmark, Copenhagen originally (which is where Hans lived and died and also where The Little Mermaid statue is) I was all sorts of giddy!

new vintage fairy tale books in my library new vintage fairy tale books in my library

Then I found another collection of fairy tale books copyrighted in 1938 but this edition was published in 1945 "A Book of Famous Fairy Tales" with absolutely gorgeous illustrations inside!

new vintage fairy tale books in my library new vintage fairy tale books in my library

The two little other books I found are just for fun and I really liked their covers. On an end note I would like to share today's proverb from my new "Proverbs for Daily Living Book"...

If wisdom's ways you wisely seek, five things observe with care: of whom you speak, to whom you speak, and how, and when, and where.

7 comments:

  1. these are lovely. vintage books are an obsession for me. my most recent is an embroidery dictionary from the 40's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. I love when something vintage comes with a little information about the history, like the inscription in your book. It makes it a little bit more real, and you can start thinking about the person who owned it before you.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over what incredible finds these are! I am a huge fan of fairy-tales too, and The Little Mermaid is definitely one of my favorites ^^

    Beautiful post :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books are nothing short of beautiful,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw what a great find!!! Looks beautiful.

    x Suus from Lola Cupcake


    www.suzanneslee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice books..different post..

    http://moonfashions.blogspot.in/

    http://moonfashions.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome finds! you are one lucky lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee