August 27, 2012
These are some of the fanciest vintage hats I ever did see! Can you imagine wearing one of these millinery creations atop your head? Some of these antique hats are really rather fabulous, I do wonder where one wore such fancy hats?

Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1 Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1 Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1 Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1 Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1 Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1 Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1 Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1 Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1 Vintage and Antique Hats from 1913-1915 | Part 1

This collection of vintage photographs from 1913-1915 of women in hats reminds me so much of the derby scene from Funny Face. Which of these antique hats would you wear?

Don't forget to stay tuned for installment two of more photos of antique hats from the Edwardian era!

sources: une | deux

11 comments:

  1. Ah I love old hats, these portraits are beautiful :) I would wear those with huge feathers :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish wearing hats like these were back in style, so glam and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delight - I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful! Although today it's hard to find places to wear such beauties :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hats are so adorable!!! my favorite is the last one, I would die if I could ever get my hands on one of those!!!

    -----http://www.flowersofyangita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The feathers are fantastic! We've seen feathers make a comeback in headbands and earrings, so maybe hats are next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! Thank you for the inspiring photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!!! I LOVE the first and third ones.
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, such nice hats and beautiful pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great pics so loving the vintage hats

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee