October 29, 2012
There's nothing quite like the feeling of cozying up with a good book on a cool Autumn day. A block from my apartment is a beautiful old library made of white stone with large trees in the front and white columns leading up to the steps. The doors are dark wood and heavy and when you open them and step inside, your entire world becomes still, quiet.

One of my favorite pastimes on a weekday afternoon is to go to the library and revisit old classics and peruse through books on history, vintage fashion, and hollywood icons.

Vintage Inspired Fashion, Vintage Inspired Outfit, 1930s Inspired Outfit

This vintage inspired outfit takes its cues from the late 20s and early 1930s when Ernest Hemingway, the great American author, released many of his most well known novels such as "A Farewell to Arms" (1929) and "The Sun Also Rises" (1926). Many other great authors and writers published books during the time period after World War I and before World War II such as F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby, 1925) and Upton Sinclair (Roman Holiday, 1931... and yes THAT Roman Holiday later made into a movie making Audrey Hepburn an icon!) so I was not only inspired by literary works, but fashion itself during these times.

What is your favorite classic novel and who are your favorite authors?

1. "NDG" Glasses by Oliver Peoples, 2. Blouse by CHLOE, 3. Cloche by Dickens & Jones, 4. Vintage revival satchel from Fossil, 5. Woven skirt from Debenhams, 6. Jeffrey Campbell peep toe pumps, 7. Essie nail polish in "Vanity Fairest"

3 comments:

  1. Ah so sweet i love the inspiration! Thank you for my comment x

    http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds cliche but its Austen all the way for me. I can read her novels 100 times over and not get bored!
    www.AhkaVintage.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee