February 4, 2010

Goodness, I adore such pretty little things. Don't you? I will be adding details and more images in my little { vintage shop } this evening.

The clothes and accessories featured here are from the 1940s and the 1950s with the exception of the peach silk bed jacket that at first I thought was from the 1930s due to the lack of elastic on the ruching and the style, but upon closure inspection it is only 1930s inspired and dates from the 70s. There is a very small tag that has "LOT SIZE" which would not be present in a garment dating from the 30s. At least, not to my knowledge.

Oh, and I have finally decided to sell vintage lingerie and intimates again as I have amassed quite a collection and really shouldn't be so selfish :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for posting this blog. Vintage clothing, by it's very definition, is by no means new. But the concept of vintage fashion is fast gathering momentum and settling nicely into it's guided place on the high street and internet. So what is it that we love so much about vintage clothes. A good vintage clothing company will be run by people who are as passionate about their business as you are about buying their clothing. Such high feelings for vintage are great because any questions you have will be easily answered. You should also feel free to contact these companies if you would like advice on particular styles of vintage clothing or how to put certain items and outfits together. For more details just visit us at
    women clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... that blue striped dress... Oh... *wistful sigh*
    I love your store. =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee