December 8, 2010
MAGNOLIA BLOSSOMS 1940 - Scan

These vintage photographs were selected specifically because the clothes the women are wearing don't appear too costume-y or out of reach. Sometimes I see many beautiful gorgeous vintage 30s and 40s dresses at online vintage shops or even at vintage fashion expos, but I always wonder when would I wear these? They will only gather dust in my closet. So, I always tend to gravitate towards casual daywear vintage clothing as opposed to formal wear.

And even though these lovely vintage gals are in their casual clothes, don't they look so dapper anyway? They would frown upon my casual "going for a bike ride" outfit of leggings, t-shirt, and sneakers!

Three Pretty Ladies Old photo found at Waterloo market 2 Bette & Midge in the Shade of The Dying Tree WA. 1942 JM Holland 9 Album borghese Bologna anni 30 Stripes On The Fence

Image Credits: Magnolia Blossoms (c) 1940, Three Lovely Ladies, Two Girls on a Bicycle (c) 1936, Bette & Midge, Showing some leg (c) 1942, Lounging in the Park, Borghese Bologna anni 30, Ladies in Stripes, On The Fence

9 comments:

  1. Oh those are lovely! I especially love the woman's suit in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was completely born in the wrong era. I wish I'd been alive during these days...


    xoxo coco
    http://muffintopbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some lovely photos!!!congratulations for you blog. Kisses from Spain. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the guy's outfit. those cuffed trousers, the vest. so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. This is where it's at. I love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photo's where did you get them from - are some of them your relatives ? Gorgeous blog - drop by anytime and share a thought

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these snaps, they are amazing! Imagine in 70 years someone might be saying the same about all of our pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love Bette and Midge in their gorgeous slacks and blouses. If I had clothes like that, I'd ride my bike more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee