April 16, 2011
I absolutely love flipping through old magazines. I think it's one of the reasons I never throw away my old magazines and instead keep stacks of them in forgotten corners of my closet. All the images below are from Ciao Vogue and are edited scans from original vintage vogue magazines from 1973.

Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973

If you are a vintage seller and/or collector one of the best sources for dating vintage is to do plenty of research by reading magazines! Seeing the editorials and advertisements really helps to pinpoint specific styles of clothes.

Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973

I never really realized how much I loved the styles of the early 1970s until I viewed all these images. Long drapey dresses, 1930s silhouette inspirations, 1920s cloche hats, swingy skirts, and belted cardigans and sweaters. I'm totally loving it!

Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973 Vintage Vogue 1973

10 comments:

  1. I too am obsessed with the fashion of the 70s. So chic, comfy & classic. Love it--and can find sooooo much of it at any thrift store. I don't think it will ever get old. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the hats are the best! i miss the days when women always wore hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of their hats!
    <3

    http://gloriousdaisies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are just beautiful! Great inspiration. I love the "pyjama" outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fashion trends in 1973 were really colorful.But now with new fashion trends being introduced and used among .....For the great selection of Dodge Demon 1973-1976 Baer Brakes & Brake Pads.

    newborn baby clothes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are amazing! There some 20's, 40's influence too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vintage collections my mom have it also.



    Laby[mens dress shirt]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee