June 30, 2012
Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby

“I could never have guessed this when I first photographed her at Paramount Studios in 1953. The new girl in town. She had just completed the filming of Roman Holiday, and was at Paramount in Hollywood for publicity photographs.

I really didn’t know what quite to make of Audrey when I first saw her. She certainly was not the typical image of a young starlet, for that was what I had been sent to photograph. I watched her across the room as she was being photographed by Bud Fraker, and she did have something… but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it until I was finally introduced to her. Then that radiant smile hit me right between the eyes, warming me inside like a shot of whisky. That amazing instant contact she made, a remarkable gift that everyone who met her felt. She exuded some magic warmth that was hers alone.

Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby

Happily our lives would intersect many times over the years we knew each other. Our first born would celebrate their first birthdays together, and I would photograph her in so many different places as you can see from this collection.

While many of these photographs of Audrey are well known, they have never before been seen together as a complete collection. I would like this book to be my salute to that magic sprite. A forest creature who, before one’s eyes, could transform herself into a princess. A rare human being, whom I respected and loved.”

Bob Willoughby: Audrey Hepburn. Photographs: 1953-1966 is published by Taschen.

Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby

org posted by:// jelanie shop blog

22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey Hepburn! I love her! :D The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey me parece increible y tu blog me gusta mucho.
    UN beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. georgeous pictures of her! she was such a beautiful woman! thanks for the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, I would love to have met her! The man who was her trichologist is still alive and I know him really well so he tells me lots of stories about her. Lynnette MD of Lovely's Vintage Emporium xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I simply love your photos because you are looking so cute in these photos especially the second one is very beautiful dear. Thanks for the post..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,such a nice dress are display here.All photography are really attractive.This type of designer cloths are so stylist and different looking in the pictures.This type of cloths are really increase the beauty of ownness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Audrey has to be one of my favorite icons, ever! she is just such a gem!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think AH was one of the most glamourous women of her time. I love all the pics, but my favourite is the one where she's pulling at the bagel with the baby. Such a nice and funny moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I just adore all of her photos. I cannot believe she never really thought herself as beautiful. But her being just GLOWS in every photo.

      I adore that photo too! That's with her first son I believe.

      Delete
  11. Everything about this is pure perfection.She's so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is so beautiful and amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful post... love the clothing..She looks absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful- def going to get those cute hair ties!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love her sense of style...everythiing just looks fantabulous on her!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice pictures!And love her hair style very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just can't take my eyes out of these pictures.They are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love Audrey Hepburn so much! she is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee