February 10, 2013
Vintage Shop Inspiration: Shop Fixtures

I have been a huge fan of FOUND Vintage Rentals for awhile and was browsing around and instantly realized I basically wish I had everything in their warehouse to furnish the ADORED VINTAGE shop! This afternoon my fella and I had a relaxing visit with some of our shop friends over at Individual Medley and Myrtle and being in their shops just really inspired me to really get going with the brick + mortar.

The past month has been spent trying to catch up on work, processing tons and tons of packages coming in (I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I bought a vintage store that went out of business in the Midwest...so yeah, LOTS of deliveries to process lately!), and getting my new dwelling in order...so needless to say, the brick + mortar went to the back burner. Now that everything is all good to go with the apartment, it's time to really focus on the shop! For the most part I have just had the hardest time getting into some kind of schedule or sense of order because I was half living out of boxes and moving stuff around...do you get like that? Like you JUST CANNOT FUNCTION properly because half of your life is out of order?

ANYHOW... back to FOUND rentals... I was revisiting their lovely site again and started saving pictures as inspiration for store fixtures for my vintage shop. I spent about 2.5 hours doing research for other shop decisions, but the part I am most excited about is decorating the vintage shop and sourcing fixtures at the flea markets! Sometimes I can't believe I do what I do. It's pretty incredible and humbling.

If I may just go on another tangent for a minute... if you have a dream to do something (open a shop, write a book, become a designer...), you can bet your bottom dollar that if I can do it, YOU can do it. It won't be easy, it won't be cheap, and it won't happen right away. I get emails from women asking how I did it, if I have advice, what are my sources...and the best advice I can give is that if you're committed to your dream, your vision, it will come true because you'll do whatever it takes to make it happen.

When I went full time with Adored Vintage back in October I had no idea that in 5 months I'd be opening up an actual shop! It's pretty crazy. And wonderful.

0 comments: