March 18, 2013
The 1970s is one of our favorite periods for fashion, or rather, a very specific couple of years in the 1970s is one of our favorite periods for vintage fashion. Those 3-4 golden years in the 1970s when the 1920s/1930s made a short comeback and the Edwardian revival from the late 60s was petering away into the first half of this decade.

Anne Holbrook in Adolfo : photo by Chris von Wangenheim : Vogue : February 1974
Anne Holbrook in Adolfo : photo by Chris von Wangenheim : Vogue : February 1974

1970s Vintage Style Inspiration | Tailored + Feminine 1970s Vintage Style Inspiration | Tailored + Feminine 1970s Vintage Style Inspiration | Tailored + Feminine 1970s Vintage Style Inspiration | Tailored + Feminine

8 comments:

  1. I agree! I was at the end of my high school years at that time and I can tell you the women's lib movement was a big influence for this look (less frivolous and more business-like) as well as the Bonnie and Clyde movie that was out with Warren Beatty. It was a fun look! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't particularly love the 70's but they did have really cute clothes! :)

    xoxo
    -Jemima

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 70s. Such and underrated era.
    That last pic of the glomesh bag is from my blog. I shared it just last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to wear more hats.
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you adoration for this era! I find a great deal of inspiration in it as well! Love your Blog <3
    Xo Brandy
    ❤Child of Ethereal Light❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 this 70's does 30's style! Classy and beautiful without being fussy or restrictive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee

Powered by Blogger.

Archives

DISCLAIMER

We do not claim ownership of any images outside of Adored Vintage product and site photos and photos are credited to where we sourced it.

Proverbs 16:24