September 27, 2009
What is a Peter Pan Collar?
A Peter Pan collar is a specific type of shirt collar, usually found on women's and girl's clothing. The shape and name of the Peter Pan collar appear to have originated in the mid-twentieth century. The design became very popular for school uniforms, and began to spill over into popular culture. Despite being named after a masculine character, the Peter Pan collar is associated primarily with feminine wear, and rarely appears in men's fashion.
Credit: Wise Geek




Sources: Collectoratorone, Devon Smith, Annabelle Rose, Carl's Old Photos,

7 comments:

  1. I have such a weakness for peter pan collars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Peter Pan collars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter pan collars are adorable, especially on vintage cardigans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweetly adorable! This post reminds me I need to try and find more Peter Pan collared items for my wardrobe, thank you! :)


    Bright wishes for a gorgeous week,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Found you through Jessica at Chronically Vintage. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mensusa from California offer great deals and discount in all their products such as man suit,slacks,formal wear,tuxedo and many more they have also FREE SHIPPING in all $99 above to check contact at #1888-7848872

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee