January 26, 2010
I love looking at photos from the past for outfit inspirations. I have become increasingly in love with a 1940s mixed with Victorian look. Simple and clean lines, basic color palette, and plenty of lace, ruffles, and bow details. The first two photos are hair inspirations. *putting curlers in my hair tonight* And I have a blouse almost like the one worn in the first photo, not an antique or vintage unfortunately, it's actually Max Azria, but I'm delighted to see a real life vintage inspiration!


{ For larger versions, click on the source links below }


Photo credits: 1.] Young Girl, 2.] Stunning Dorothy, 3.] C.T. Ben's Friends, 4.] Mother on Tin Roof, 1944, 5.] Circassian Beauty, 6.] Two Ladies & an Automobile 1922, 7.] Sad Eyes, 1936, 8.] Beautiful Young Lady 1890s, 9.] 1940s

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are fantastic! I love seeing how the different eras contrast :)

    PS. Thanks for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee