May 12, 2012
A few days ago I had posted on twitter that my goal by the end of May is to reduce my closet by 50%. That is no small feat! I don't have nearly as many clothes as one might think I should have, but it is kind of a ridiculous number. Lately I've kind of been disgusted with the abundance of crap I've just accumulated.

A Vintage Outfit Post: Who Wears Short Shorts A Vintage Outfit Post: Who Wears Short Shorts

The past few weeks I've noticed my wardrobe choices have all centered around the same 20-40 pieces and I think I need to keep these 20-40 and put the rest away and if after one month's time I haven't missed it, wondered where it was, or pined for it to be back in my hands...then it's time to let it go.

I don't feature "what i wore" posts that often mostly because taking photos of myself is kind of a pain in the ass and I just feel sort of like a big headed bigot when I do write the post (like right now I'm reading what I'm writing and totally rolling my eyes...) but I have noticed when I DO an outfit post and recap on what I wore I realize I actually already wore some of these pieces earlier this week with different things.

Anyhow... long story short, I've worn these shorts 3 times in the past 2 weeks. And I've worn these shoes 4 times in the past week. And they grey henley shirt not pictured I've worn twice this week. And the vintage satchel bag I wear every day!

Maybe it's because I'm a vintage shop owner so I have natural tendencies to be a bit of a hoarder. I mean SOMEDAY all my old Marc Jacobs, DVF, and Betsey Johnson dresses WILL be vintage. But man oh man am I craving minimalism in my wardrobe!

25 comments:

  1. I see why you wore those shorts a lot; they're so cute! Love the platforms too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put the cutest outfits together, however simple they may be. You pull those shorts off so well!

    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the whole look- so perfect for summer!
    xo, Tori
    http://daisiesandpixiedust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm such a hoarder too! it's a disaster. love those shorts! they're a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit posts! always so elegant and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute outfit! :)
    http://revelations-of-a-hopeless-teen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blouse is so beautiful! I always love your outfit photos and want more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I`m so jealous ! Everything looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just put temporarily unnecessary clothes into a chest and give it to your granddaughter one day:) Beautiful top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit! You definitely need to keep these pieces. I feel the same way though, especially since moving to a smaller home. I don't have room for everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl! I honestly thought last night I should just move to a bigger apartment with more closet space... *le sigh*

      Delete
  11. I love the whole look down to the Steve Madden shoes. my goal this summer is to be more original and vintage but have fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Rodellee you look so pretty! To hell with those men doing you nae good btw, you really are so gorgeous and so sweet! I love this look, it suits you so well and I imagine the warm weather you are having! I am the exact same, we are doing lots of car boot sales to get rid of all our unused things!!! I'm also the exact same about posing for pictures, it took me three days to post my last post thanks to my rolling eyes! :) Enjoy your week! Zoë xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh! you are just too adorable!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I would wear those shorts every day too! They are so cute, and look lovely paired with that top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love ur style!
    consider me ur newest follower!

    hope u can check me out too!

    beautie chips

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute shorts, i love anything with polka dots!

    http://tidbitsofaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit is so so cute! I just love your dotted shorts with the pretty white tank top. Such a great hat and pair of shoes too. This summery outfit is exactly something I'd love to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! such a lovely Outfit! love the polka dot shorts they ´re looking so cute on you:)

    bisous:*

    ReplyDelete
  19. great post!You're very stylish!

    I follow you. hope you too)
    http://lo-ve-peace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it, where did you get this outfit?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee