June 20, 2012
the new site design is coming along nicely...and i wanted to start sharing some previews of the gorgeous vintage clothing that will be available in the shop soon.

first up is this most amazing bridal wedding set from the 1910s...probably early teens era. it is gauzy ecru tulle and silk with beautiful angel sleeves and waterfall overskirt. the lace veil is my favorite and is attached to a wax floral crown. the set also comes with an antique bride's bouquet with...*drum roll please*... tiny silver bells! i nearly died of glee when i discovered this small detail!

antique 1900s wedding bridal set antique 1900s wedding bridal set antique 1900s wedding bridal set antique 1900s wedding bridal set


i would honestly get married in this antique wedding gown. i love that it doesn't look too costumey. well, maybe not to me at least. i would most definitely wear something like this to my own nuptials.

8 comments:

  1. Elle est magnifique, cette robe! I just lost my breath.. I'd wish I was actually getting married, or that it wouldn't be crazy to buy a wedding dress before even being engaged, haha!
    Where did you find a dress like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is a serious gem! It's so understated and elegant... I just love it. I wonder what the lady was like who wore this on her wedding day... I love how vintage clothes make you think about their history... So much more interesting than what's around today!


    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is really stunning and in such great shape! Unfortunately most times I see things like this they've been poorly stored and all discolored and brown. This one looks pristine!! Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress! Timeless classic. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister got engaged and we are going dress shopping soon! So much fun looking at these for inspiration! This is a very lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your blog! It is one of my favourites. I check out every one of your posts without fail! Your taste in vintage is just amazing and your studio and apartment are to die for!
    I've nominated you for the "One Lovely Blog" award. You can get it here:
    Butterflies and Daisys Vintage

    Thanks! :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my word! i have never seen anything quite as beautiful as these lovely pieces. i cannot believe how well-preserved they are as well - especially for being such delicate little treasures. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Its really a beauty. I like it so much. its looking so traditional like sari.

    Thanks
    Mir

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee