December 7, 2012


I've been dreaming of a new space and I wanted to share what's been happening with you. It was just about a week ago that I declared I would begin my search for a new live/work situation for Adored Vintage HERE and within a matter of days an ideal place has opened its doors.

So here's the dealio. I had hoped to have a live/work loft where I could schedule vintage visits by appointment only. I looked into other cities, into other states...and by chance happened upon an interesting listing of a retail store with a loft behind it. I must have sputtered coffee at my computer when I saw this and immediately sent an email inquiring about the location.

No answer. No email. No call. Panic sets in. (Mind you this is only in a matter of hours, but in LA if you spot a space, you need to JUMP on it!) Determined as I am, I hitch a ride with the fella to just scope out the space and lo and behold, I was able to see the space first!

And oh yes...it feels so right and better than I had hoped for! I have a separate WORK STUDIO for Adored Vintage right now which I've found really isn't my thing. The back and forth and scheduling of projects and always feeling like I never had enough time and the battle with traffic and parking tickets...it's been really fun having a little workshop, but I'm ready to move forward!

Everything is in the initial stages, but on Monday I find out if my application is approved. I am praying to God I am approved! I have so many plans and ideas for the new space. And it will be nice to use some new pieces of furniture I've acquired that's been sitting in storage (impulse flea market purchases...you know how that is!)

13 comments:

  1. What a dream!!! I hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck ;) So excited for this next step for AV! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, thats so awesome! I really hope you get it!!! It looks like a beautiful space :))) xo Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, best of luck to you! This would be amazing!
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! that place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dream is to have a live/store space just like this too!
    Crossing my fingers for you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds perfect Rodellee!! this is my dream as well. good luck with everything, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool. love it :) best luck for you :) Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently just started designing 1950's clothing in order to pay for uni costs, and a couple of local vintage stores in Australia (queensland) picked up my designs. It is a really good feeling when your dreams come true!. I really really hope that you get the space!. I can't imagine anything else in it-could you? Best of wishes! and let us all know what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck lady, heres hoping your dream comes true! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Its perfect too! You so deserve it. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that looks FANTASTIC! I am crossing my fingers and toes that you get it. What an amazing space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee