October 25, 2009
These lovely 1960s advertisements are scanned from the book "60s Fashion, Vintage Fashion and Beauty Ads" from Taschen books. To view in full size just click on the image.

1960s-yardleyoflondon-ad
Yardley of London Lipstick advertisement circa 1966

1960s-maybelline-ad
Maybelline cosmetics advertisement circa 1966

1960s-maxfactor-ad
Max Factor lipstick advertisement circa 1961

1960s-lustrecreme-ad
Lustre Creme advertisement circa 1969 (this is also the book cover image)

60s-Tussy-Ad
Tussy skin care products advertisement circa 1960


Do you girls notice that the color PINK was very popular for cosmetics and beauty ads? My favorite ads are the last two...and the reason? POLKA DOTS of course!

7 comments:

  1. I love the last one - polka dot's place is not on your face! That just cracks me up. I'd probably have bought the product though... (n_n)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, this is my first visit, but not last. I like your style;Blanca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic. They should bring back this kind of advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love these ads. They're so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures but if you are looking for best and affordable dress shirts is really possible just choose mensusa.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee