November 24, 2009
Because the number one cooking holiday is fast approaching, I thought it would be quite fitting to post some vintage advertisements from the 40s and 50s for cooking utensils, housewares, and other kitchen goods.





I wish I looked this stylish while cooking! (I do wear a vintage apron every once in awhile though ^_^) And the "Truffled Turkey" isn't from the 50s or 60s... but I just had to share it... it sounds so gross, LOL!

Sources: 1.] Gas Cooking Ad via saltycotton, 2.] Fabulous Foodarama by Kelvinator 1956 via zero discipline, 3.] Wear-Ever Aluminum via saltycotton, 4.] Martha Logan Says Make Meat Go Further by Cooking S-l-o-w-l-y via JBcurious, 5.] Cooking perfection via saltycotton, 6.] Stove and wall mounted oven via I'll take your photo 7.] Truffled turkey from Missouri History Museum, 8.] Space Age Advance Frigidair via Janfromseattle, 9.] 1960s Retro Kitchen via sunsetflame, 10.] Kelvinator Ad from 1965 via Gatochy

12 comments:

  1. nice pictures!! :) its so inspired..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love the 50's! Women were so elegant... doing almost everything. Even cooking
    I have a cute book just about 50's advertisements. So vintage;)
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do these ladies cook all this stuff and still look classy? Some moms you see at Walmart these days don't look like they even shower. This is what I aspire to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These advertisements make me want to throw on my fanciest dress and an apron and get into the kitchen right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delightfully elegant! I really enjoyed these beautiful, wildly stylish ads, thank you so much for compiling this charming kitchen themed post.

    Big hugs & joyful Wednesday wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore those ads...we have to do an art project in school and I am somehow going to work these into my finished piece...just haven't figured out how!

    www.padded-shoulders.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! They confirm my belief that life was so much more colourfull back then! :)
    xx
    http://wholivesinthatteacup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. man . the girls were so super stylish for what i think might be the refrigerator ... especially 2nd to the left on the very bottom - the one with fedora, trench, boots and bag .... wowwww! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous ! And I'm in love with your blog !
    http://mimietnini.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love vintage ads! I posted a few older beauty ads on my blog, some are quite funny:
    http://www.beautyparler.ca/2009/03/memory-lane-retro-ads.html
    Following your blog too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pictures but if you are looking for best and affordable dress shirt is really possible just choose mensusa.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee